Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Watson's Go to Birmingham

The Watson's Go to Birmingham- 1963 is a booked written by Christopher Paul Cortis.  I hope you find humor, and entertainment in my blog about The Watson's Go to Birmingham. Come along with me through this incredible book about Momma, Dad, Byron, Joey and Kenny Watson or the "Weird Watson's." they are called.  The book starts out in Flint, MI.  It is winter and the weather is brutal outside and inside the Watson home, it is so cold that the Watson's are in the living room wrapped in blankets and huddled together to try to stay warm.  My first thought goes to me and my family as I am reading this.  I imagine us sitting around the TV watching UT Football games.  I had to laugh a little inside with Byron and his personality the author has for him. My idea is that we seem to be much alike.  The author says that Byron is sitting alongside of Dad.  He has his part of the blanket tucked in the couch cushions as to where no one could touch him.  Yeah, this is me.  I can not stand to be touched.  Not going to do it or like it.  The family decides to call the Aunt to see if they can go to her house to stay warm, oh boy does the story start to take off.  Byron and Kenny go outside to scrape the Brown Bomber (the Watson's car) when Byron can not resist looking at his good looks in the mirror and gets his lips stuck on the mirror, remember it is Flint, MI in winter! What is he thinking?  Stay tuned to find out more of what The Watson's are up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment